Occupant Restraint Systems
- Balaji R, Hu J, Reed MP (2016) A computational study of seat and seatbelt performance for protecting 6 to 12 year-old children in frontal crashes. International Journal of Vehicle Design, 70(1): 29-44. DOI: 10.1504/IJVD.2016.073704
- Benedetti M, Klinich KD, Manary MA, Flannagan CA (2017) Predictors of restraint use among child occupants. Traffic Injury Prevention 18(8):866-860. DOI:10.1080/15389588.2017.1318209.
- Buckley L, Ebert SM, Jones MLH, Reed MP, and Hallman JJ (2018) Evaluating an intervention to improve belt fit for adult occupants: promoting positive beliefs. Journal of Safety Research, 64:105-111. DOI:10.1016/j.jsr.2017.12.012
- Drignei D, Mourelatos Z, Kosova E, Hu J, Reed M, Rupp J, Gruber R, Scherer R (2016) Uncertainty assessment in restraint system optimization for occupants of tactical vehicles. SAE International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing, 9(2):436-443. DOI: 10.4271/2016-01-0316
- Drignei D, Mourelatos ZP, Zhamo E, Hu J, Chen C, Reed MP, Gruber R (2019) Restraint systems in tactical vehicles: uncertainty study involving airbags, seatbelts and military gear ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems Part B: Mechanical Engineering, 5(1) 011009. DOI: 10.1115/1.4040917
- Hu J (2016) Rear seat occupant protection: what do we know and what is the future? Journal of Automotive Safety and Energy 7(4): 339-354. DOI:10.3969/j.issn.1674-8484.2016.04.001
- Hu J, Klinich KD, Manary MA, Flannagan CA, Narayanaswamy P, Reed MP, Andreen M, Neal M, Lin CH. (2017) Does unbelted safety requirement affect protection for belted occupants? Traffic Injury Prevention, 18(S1): S85-S05. DOI: 10.1080/15389588.2017.1298096.
- Hu J, Klinich KD, Manary MA, Flannagan CAC, Narayanaswamy, P, Reed MP, Margaret A, Neal M, Lin C. (2016) Evaluation of belted and unbelted safety requirements (Report No. DOT HS 812 232, UMTRI 2015-7). Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NHTSA.gov
- Hu J, Reed MP, Rupp JD, Fischer K, Lange P, Adler A. (2017) Optimizing seat belt and airbag designs for rear seat occupant protection in frontal crashes Stapp Car Crash Journal 61:67-100.
- Jones MLH, Ebert SM, Buckley L, Park J, and Reed MP. (2016) Evaluating an Intervention to Improve Belt Fit for Drivers. Technical Report UMTRI 2016-12. University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Klinich KD, Boyle KJ, Malik L, Manary MA, Eby B, Hu J. (2018) Development of Fit Envelopes to Promote Compatibility Among Vehicles and Child Restraint Systems, UMTRI 2015-24, DOT HS 812 610 https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/149103
- Klinich KD, Manary MA, Orton NR (2017) Effect of Tether Routing and Anchor Location on Child Restraint Kinematics, UMTRI 2013-27, DOT HS 812 467 https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/149101
- Manary MA, Klinich KD, and Orton NR. (2018) Assessment of ATD selection and use for testing of rear-facing child restraint systems for larger infants and toddlers. DOT HS 812 469. https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/149100
- Manary MA, Klinich KD, Boyle KJ, Orton NR, Eby B, Weir Q. (2018) Development of a Surrogate Shoulder Belt Retractor for Sled Testing UMTRI-2016-21, 2018 https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/140786
- Ramanathan B, Hu J, and Reed MP. (2016) A computational study of seat and seatbelt performance for protecting 6- to 12-year-old children in frontal crashes. International Journal of Vehicle Design 70(1). DOI: 10.1504/IJVD.2016.073704
- Schneider LW, Manary MA, Orton NR, Hu J, Klinich KD, Flannagan CA, Moore JL. (2016) Wheelchair Occupant Studies, UMTRI 2016-07, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute. https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/122860
- Zaseck LW, Orton NR, Gruber R, Rupp J, Scherer R, Reed MP, and Hu J (2017) The influence of personal protection equipment, occupant body size, and restraint system on the frontal impact responses of Hybrid III ATDs in tactical vehicles. Traffic Injury Prevention 18(6):642-649. DOI: 10.1080/15389588.2017.1282156