Daniel Huddleson | Staff
Senior Electronic Technician, Engineering Systems
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room235, 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 936-1336, fax (734) 647-3330
AAS, Digital Equipment Technology, Washtenaw Community College, 1990
Certified at the Ford test track as a Tier level Two, test track driver, 2010
Research Interests/Areas of Expertise
Daniel Huddleson worked on five large research projects, involving field tests with fleets of vehicles. He is responsible for fabricating complex data acquisition systems, which includes assisting in the layout and design, and wiring of finished chassis and vehicles. Mr. Huddleson assists in evaluating and identifying needed components. He obtains quotes, writes sole source memos, and purchases the components and equipment. He tracks deliveries, performs initial checkout of equipment, and maintains project inventories. Mr. Huddleson has 30 years of electronics work experience at the University of Michigan.
Mr. Huddleson has expertise in the following areas:
- Fabricate data acquisition systems that include multiple embedded computers.
- Assist in design and package layout.
- Calibrate, maintain, diagnose and repair the electronic instrumentation and associated equipment for various experimental laboratories and research programs.
- Support test track and field test experiments.
- Coordinate participants and collect data at a multi state road profile experiment. Install and maintain data acquisition systems in test vehicles, assist in experimental setup and execution.
- Perform on-site installations of equipment and network cables.
- Setup and repair computer systems, and perform system diagnostics.
- Repair equipment to board and component level. Install memory, disk drives, software, and configure hardware.
- Assign fabrication tasks to mechanical engineering technicians, help supervise the build process, and coordinate vehicle preparations.
- Construct special purpose analog and digital circuits for graduate student research projects.