Jennifer S. Zakrajsek | Staff
Research Area Specialist Lead, Behavioral Sciences
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room 122, 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 615-4740, fax (734) 647-3330
- MPH, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan, 1999
- MS, Exercise Science, University of Arizona, 1996
- BS, Movement Science, University of Michigan, 1993
Ms. Zakrajsek's reserach interest focus on driver behavior and other behavior related to safe mobility for people of all ages. She joined UMTRI in 1999 and has managed a variety of projects focusing on a wide range of topics: enhancing safe mobility among older drivers, disparities in access to transportation and driver licensure, the prevention of at-risk drinking and alcohol-impaired driving among teens and young adults, parental coaching of teens’ supervised practice/learner driving, parent involvement in monitoring the driving of newly licensed teen drivers, engagement in distracted driving behaviors, unsafe driving maneuvers contributing to crashes between trucks and passenger vehicles, the educational needs of commercial vehicle drivers, use of advanced vehicle safety technologies, and evaluation of state motor vehicle laws.
Ms. Zakrajsek is experienced in qualitative research, including moderating focus groups/nominal groups, conducting structured interviews, and analyzing qualitative data. She also has extensive experience in all aspects of survey research, working with data from state driver history and crash records and national crash record databases, facilitating negotiations of parent-teen driving agreements, developing multi-modal intervention content/material (i.e., booklets, websites, small group brief interventions, etc.), implementing community-based and agency-based partnerships, and promoting intervention use.
- Staff Development Committee, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, 2019-Present
- MHealthy/Wellness Champion, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, 2011-Present
- BIRT member/Floor Marshal, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, 2009-Present