Karen Alexa | Staff
Research Administrator Senior
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room 324 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 647-8260, fax (734) 647-3330
- Washtenaw Community College
Areas of Expertise/Responsibilities
- Experienced with pre and post award management, project tracking, analysis, maintenance and forecasting.
- Familiar with University policies and procedures as well as the University business tools such as eRPM, e-Procurement, M-marketsite, Concur, Business Objects, M-Pathways, E-Recruit, AST and M-Reports
- Familiar with a variety of unique University agreements such as Technology Transfer Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Intellectual Property Agreements and Conflict of Interest Agreements.
Karen Alexa (UMTRI): Karen is currently the Research Administrator Senior for the Center for the Management of Safe and Sustainable Transportation (CMISST). Karen is responsible for the fiscal oversight and monitoring of the federal and cost share expenditures, sponsor reporting and employee staffing, Additionally, she oversees proposal preparation and development, post-award contract monitoring and activity, project/grant reconciliation, and financial projections.
MTRI Staff Development Committee, Pool Account - PH3 Committee, JE Process committee, Member of Society of Research Administration, attends RAN meetings.
OHSP - Office of Highway Safety Program
Ann Arbor, MI
Boating and spending time outside, visiting national parks, and spending time with family and friends