Lidia P. Kostyniuk | Faculty
Research Scientist, Emerita, Behavioral Sciences Group
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room 126, 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- PhD, Civil Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo
- MS, Aerospace Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo
- BS, Engineering Science, State University of New York at Buffalo
Dr. Kostyniuk’s professional career spans over 40 years and has included research, teaching and consulting in the area of transportation safety, risky driving behavior and mobility of special populations. Her research at UMTRI has addressed a wide variety of topics including crash trend analyses, occupant protection use, drunk driving, commercial vehicle safety, older driver safety, use of advanced transportation technologies, and transportation safety policy and program evaluation. Her most recent research efforts have focused on commercial vehicle safety, distracted and risky driving behaviors, and the process of driving cessation among older drivers.
Dr. Kostyniuk serves on the editorial advisory boards of the following journals, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Journal of Safety Research, and Transportation. She is also a judge in the Automotive News PACE Awards annual competition for innovation, technological advancement, and business performance among automotive suppliers.
reading, gardening, sailing, painting, travel, nature walks
- Licensed Professional Engineer in State of Michigan
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- Institute of Transportation Engineers, Fellow