Nicole Zanier | Staff
Research Area Specialist Associate, Behavioral Sciences
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room 123 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 615-4744, fax (734) 647-3330
- BA, Psychology, University of Michigan-Dearborn, 2009
Research Interests and Areas of Expertise
Nicole Zanier is a research associate in the Behavioral Sciences Group at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI). Ms. Zanier has nearly a decade of experience participating in transportation research projects dedicated to enhancing safe mobility, including those on commercial vehicles, older driver safety and mobility, driver behavior, distracted driving, occupant prevention, impaired driving, drowsy driving, rural transportation, and vehicle technologies and adaptations. She has considerable experience reviewing and synthesizing literature and has collected data by a variety of modes including surveys, functional assessments in a laboratory setting, structured and semi-structured interviews, focus groups, and naturalistic driving. Ms. Zanier also has experience coding, cleaning, and analyzing study data and disseminating results.
- AAA LongROAD Study: Phase II. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety.
- Guidelines for Development of Evidence-Based Countermeasures for Risky Driving. Toyota Collaborative Safety Research Center
- Senior Driver Cohort Study (LongROAD) . AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety.
- University Transportation Centers Tier 1 Program. Center for Advancing Transportation Leadership and Safety (ATLAS Center). United States Department of Transportation, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology.
Playing ice hockey, Traveling