Kenneth Winzeler | Staff
Product Technician Working Leader, Engineering Systems Group
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 936-1234, fax (734) 647-3330
Education and Training
- Master ASE Certified/Master State Certified
- AS, Delta College, University Center, Michigan, 1987
Areas of Expertise and Responsibilities
Ken Winzeler has extensive experience in the preparation and handling of test vehicles. He routinely installs, operates, and maintains extensive instrumentation, data acquisition, and data telemetry systems in test vehicles ranging from passenger cars to heavy commercial trucks. He maintains licenses to operate motorcycles and a wide variety of commercial vehicles, and is skilled in conducting test maneuvers on tracks and public roads. Mr. Winzeler is also lead fabricator of mechanical components and wiring harnesses for vehicles and test systems. He is the foreman of the mechanical technician group and directs the activities of other technicians, both within the UMTRI laboratory and at off-site proving grounds and other test facilities.
- 2018-Present: Product Technician Working Leader, UMTRI, Ann Arbor, MI
- 2012-2018: Mechanical Technician Intermediate, UMTRI, Ann Arbor, MI
- 1982-2012: Technician, Dave Knapp Motors, Blissfield, MI
- Mcity Driverless Shuttle, University of Michigan
- Field Study of Light Vehicle Crash Avoidance Systems: Phase 3 L2 Field Evaluation, NHTSA
- Safety Pilot Model Deployment (SPMD), USDOT, Data Acquisition System Development and Deployment.
Motorcycling, Fishing, Hunting, and Travel