Senior Project Manager, Human Factors
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, Room 105 2901 Baxter Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
fax (734) 647-3330
Managing Director, center for Connected and Automated Transportation
Senior Program Manager, Ann Arbor Connected Vehicle Test Environment
- Certified Program Management Professional, May 2010
- MBA, University of Michigan, 1995
- BS, Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, 1986
Senior Program Manager for the Ann Arbor Connected Vehicle Test Environment – the largest to-scale production deployment in the world. I have helped shape the future of transportation by deploying and proving out DSRC-based connected vehicle technology. The data collected from the Ann Arbor deployment (formerly Safety Pilot Model Deployment) led to the NPRM to require connected vehicle technology on all new passenger vehicles (Federal Register NHTSA-2016-0126) as well as laid the foundation for the current set of industry standards.
Managing Director of the Center for Connected Vehicle Transportation (CCAT). CCAT is the Region 5 UTC. The mission of CCAT is to significantly influence the evolution of the next-generation transportation systems with emerging technologies on safety, mobility and sustainability. CCAT provides national and regional leadership for connected and automated transportation research, science, education, training, and deployment. It is my responsibility to make that happen. CCAT boasts a boutique environment within the foundation of the globally renowned University of Michigan.
- 2008 Best of ITS Award for Best Innovative Product or Service – Light Vehicle Integrated Vehicle-Based Safety Systems
- U.S. Patent #US008831870 Vehicle Collision Avoidance and Mitigation System, September 9, 2014.
- DTFH61-01-X-0053: Road Departure Crash Warning Field Operational Test
- DTNH22-05-H-01232: Integrated Vehicle-Based Safety Systems
- DTFH61-11-C-00040: Safety Pilot Model Deployment (SPMD) Test Conductor
- DTFH6115H00005: Maintain, Operate and Sustain the Ann Arbor Connected Vehicle Test Environment (AACVTE)
- Expand Deployment of Applications for vulnerable Road Users for Pillar 1 – an Mcity project
Active with MiTSO, which is a student chapter of ITS Michigan
There’s nothing better than football Saturdays! I also like to travel, my favorite past time by far.