Adjunct Associate Research Scientist, Engineering Systems
Lear Corporation, 220 E Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Vice President of Cybersecurity and Functional Safety, Lear Corporation
- MBA, Henley Business School, 2013.
- PhD, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Ruhr-University of Bochum, 2004.
- MS, Computer Science, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 2001.
Dr. André Weimerskirch is active in all areas of automotive and transportation cybersecurity and privacy as well as functional safety. He is a main designer of the American vehicle-to-vehicle SCMS security system, co-founder of the American workshop on embedded security in cars (escar USA), chairs the Mcity cybersecurity working group, and is a member of the University of Michigan Dearborn Computer and Information Science Professional Advisory Board.
- Co-editor of SAE International Journal of Transportation Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Member of University of Michigan Dearborn Computer and Information Science Professional Advisory Board
- Member of University of Michigan Dearborn Industry Advisory Board for the Cybersecurity Center
- Member of the Center for Automotive Research Technology Advisory Council
- SAE/ISO 21434 Joint Working Group member
- Member of Uptane Board of Directors
- Vice-chair SAE Vehicle Electrical System Security committee
- Crash Avoidance Metric Partners (CAMP) – Vehicle-to-Vehicle Safety Application Communication Security (2008 – 2017)